The ViewPoint

Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The Elkhorn Valley Museum in Norfolk has a paid nature internship position available for the upcoming summer season. The hours are flexible but museum Director of Education, Jeana Ganskop says they would prefer a 24 hour work week for a total of 10 weeks during May through August. The candidate should be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate program in environmental studies, biology, or a related field.

The intern will add nature and science into museum exhibits, programs, and the visitor experience. The intern will also participate in daily museum activities including opening and closing the museum. About 30% of the internship will be working in the Verges Park garden, staffing the bird library, or staffing the front desk and the remaining 70% will be spent on a specific program or exhibit projects. It will also include visits to local cultural institutions.  Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references to Jeana Ganskop, Director of Education at [email protected] or the Elkhorn Valley Museum, 515 Queen City Blvd, Norfolk, NE 68701.

This internship is made possible by a Public Information and Education (PIE) Grant. PIE Grants are administered by the Nebraska Academy of Sciences (NAS) and are funded by the Nebraska Environmental Trust (NET).

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Left
  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    Two poets visit for final fall Visitor Writers

  • Campus

    International students struggling to get jobs on campus

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    Wacky Wednesday event has a large turnout

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Business

    Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce forms Cadet Club to foster student engagement with the local community

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    Northeast holds etiquette dinner

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    Northeast Phi Beta Lambda students attend Fall Leadership Conference in Omaha

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    Did you vote?

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Activities

    Digital Cinema students are slowing things down

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    Northeast club offers understanding of the Catholic faith

  • Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern

    Campus

    A look into the Halloween dance

Navigate Right
No announcement available or all announcement expired.
The official student newspaper of Northeast Community College.
Elkhorn Valley Museum Looking For Nature Intern